Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Done napping

Parents out there will groan with sympathy when they hear this - my son has stopped napping.

More so than that, he used to go down for FOUR HOURS on some days, but rarely less than three hours. Now, for the second day running, he is refusing to nap at all. Yesterday, he reluctantly took an hour off, but only after I had tried for nearly an hour and a half to get him down in the first place.

Put it this way - if not for my son's naps, there would be no books, no articles in the newspaper, and no blog. I am so tired, it is only the fact I am too irate to sleep that is keeping me functioning. To rub salt in the wound, we left a beautiful sunny hot day at the park, where I had several mom-friends to chat with, because my son tearfully * asked * to come home because he wanted to go to sleep.

The best I can hope for now is an hour at about 3pm. If I put him in the car to go anywhere he will fall asleep and will not transfer successfully to his bed without waking.

This stinks - an exclamation I just made to myself too loudly as to be appropriate.

No comments: