Friday, December 08, 2006

Alas Greg Wiggle

The news that Greg Wiggle is hanging up his yellow jersey for good was the second shocker out of Australia this year - coupled with Steve Irwin's demise.

Of course, those parents of you out there will probably be aware The Wiggles and the Crocodile Hunter joined forces for a DVD which is rarely out of our player. It features such hits as Old Man Emu, Australia Zoo and a personal favorite - Snakes (You Can Look, But You'd Better Not Touch.) Second only in popularity to the Wiggly Gremlin epic, it will now be viewed in a different light for two reasons.

The Wiggles are an easy target - they camp it up like several rows of tents, and wiggle their hips like The Village People. And yet, their out-takes reveal a bunch of 'mates' mucking around for the camera while they make billions of dollars doing something they would probably do for free. As a result, I like them more than any other children's entertainers.

Except, maybe, Laurie Berkner.

In other news, I'm still waiting to hear from an agent about her signing me up. I am always optimistic when sending the letter, and the longer it takes a decision to arrive makes me feel better and better - until, as has happened twice already, the "sorry, but it's not for me" form letter shows up. I will keep you informed of any developments.

In the meantime, I continue work on the sequel to something that isn't published yet. So far, it's much darker and much more indicative of what I'm going through now with both kids and one income which doesn't cover both of their needs (and wants at Christmas) by a country mile.

No comments: