Thursday, June 05, 2008

Big Papi (not me, Ortiz of the R** S**)

This didn't bother me too much at first, but the more I thought about it, the madder I got.

David Ortiz, a behemoth of a man that plays for the Boston R** S** is going to stand at Yankee Stadium during All-Star Week, have a fan tell him where to hit a home run, call his shot (just like Babe Ruth may or may not have done in the 1932 World Series) and then slap one over the fence.

I have been considering a comparison for my English friends to understand. It would be like having Maradona re-enact his Hand of God at Wembley with a fan playing the part of Steve Hodge.

So, to put things right I've entered the sweepstakes to get the right to tell Big Papi where to put his home run.

And when I win, I intend to tell him: up his arse. And I hope he makes it.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love, love, love that you use asterisks to complete the name of that accursed team like the swear word it is.

adamkeeble said...

*** 'em. It's well documented I don't drink Sam Adams during baseball season with good reason. And even though I don't like the Lakers much, I want the Celtics to lose only (and I mean that. This is the only reason, because I really don't like the Lakers much at all) because they have "Boston" in their name.

Oh, and here's a better comparison for the Anglaise:

Maradona is invited to recreate Geoff Hurst's winning goal against Germany during halftime at the Community Shield at Wembley, with a fan providing the commentary.