Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy Birthday x 7

By the time October is done, I will have taken the kids to seven birthday parties. That's about one every four days.

This says two things:

1) We know a lot of people. Plenty more than last year as more than half these parties are for people we hadn't met 12 months ago.

2) January in New Jersey might be cold and bleak, but there's a lot of good lovin' going on.

Of the seven parties, two were for twins. This means we have bought nine birthday gifts this month. I am just grateful at every party thus far, I've managed to engage the fellow parents in conversation and let the kids do their thing unattended. Well, I say unattended. The truth is they are attended by young employees of the party venues. And that's their job. Their choice is to watch over four-year-olds. By the time they get married, they will be sworn off kids for life.

I have little affiliation with T.V. shows. The latest couple to catch my eye were Entourage and Deadwood but the genius that is Pity The Fool starring Mr. T (of course) is the funniest show I have seen since Curb Your Enthusiasm's second season. Now CYE has officially jumped the shark, it would be fair to say PTF is my favorite new show currently on air. I pity the fool who doesn't watch it. Make it your bid-ness to tune in, sucker.

No comments: